Experienced. Skilled. Compassionate.

Immigration Assistance For Foreign Workers, Foreign Investors And U.S. Employers

America is a land of opportunity, but the U.S. government tightly controls who can come here to work. At KB Law PLLC, we help immigrants and their sponsoring employers gain approval for temporary employment opportunities and for employment-based green cards.

Our immigration lawyers serve individuals, businesses and investors in the Twin Cities, throughout Minnesota and worldwide. We can knowledgeably address labor certification and other procedural barriers, as well as national interest waivers for those individuals who possess in-demand abilities or expertise for priority entry.

Employment-Based Immigration (Green Cards)

The attorneys of KB Law PLLC are well-versed in the preference categories recognized by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). We assist individuals who are eligible for work authorization and permanent resident status (green card) based on their coveted skills or immediate contributions to the U.S. economy:

  • EB-1 (first preference): Immigrants with extraordinary ability in science, arts, education, business or athletics; elite professors and researchers; and multinational managers and executives
  • EB-2 (second preference): Those with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities
  • EB-3: Skilled workers, individuals with specialized knowledge or unskilled workers who fill a need
  • EB-4: Special immigrants, including foreign nationals who served in the U.S. armed forces or aided the U.S. government
  • EB-5: Immigrant investors who invest $1 million in a job-creating business (or $500,000 in a targeted zone)

We also assist sponsoring employers with the Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) labor certification process to satisfy the USCIS that no qualified U.S. citizens are available to fill the jobs. Some categories of immigrant visas are exempt from labor certification and do not require a sponsor or specific job offer. Other categories may be eligible for a National Interest Waiver (NIW) to bypass labor certification. Our firm has helped clients obtain waivers and otherwise expedite their entry or employment authorizations.

Nonimmigrant Work Visas (Temporary Employment)

At KB Law PLLC, we also help foreign nationals (and local employers) to obtain temporary work visas to live and work in the United States. We can address the following types of visas:

  • H-1B: Advanced degrees or special skills
  • L-1 and L-2: Intracompany transfers of key employees or managers
  • O-2: Extraordinary abilities in the sciences, business, athletics or the arts
  • P-1: Artists, athletes and entertainers
  • B-1 travel visas to conduct business
  • TN: Qualifying workers from Mexico or Canada
  • R-1: Religious personnel
  • E-2: Investors buying or starting businesses in the U.S.
  • J-1: Occupational training/internships

We can help with extensions and renewals of temporary visas. We also help clients pursue adjustment of status to convert to permanent resident (green card) status. Our attorneys regularly assist immigrants with family-sponsored immigration to bring their loved ones to America once they have established roots here.

We Help You Do It The Right Way

Errors or omissions on work visa petitions can delay entry for weeks or months, or nullify the application. We work with employers and individuals to make sure the paperwork is properly completed and submitted through the right channels. We can also advise clients on quotas, qualifications and restrictions in different categories of immigrant and nonimmigrant work visas.

Call our Minnetonka law office at 612-474-5649 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.

Members of our team speak Spanish, Somalian, Swahili, Romanian, Turkish and Russian.