Experienced. Skilled. Compassionate.

Seeking Justice For Immigrants Through U Visas

Although the United States offers a safer environment than some nations can, crime can still befall unfortunate people. To protect immigrants who are victims of crime and encourage them to come forward to the authorities, Congress offers U visas.

KB Law PLLC works with immigrants throughout Minnesota who have suffered physical or mental abuse during a crime. With our extensive experience handling immigration law cases, we work to secure a U visa to keep you in the U.S. and bring the criminal who harmed you to justice.

What Should I Know About U Visas?

A U visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa that allows the victims of certain crimes to live in the U.S. for up to four years. To get a U visa, you must show that you have substantial mental or physical harm as the result of a crime such as:

  • Domestic violence
  • Kidnapping and/or false imprisonment
  • Female genital mutilation
  • Felonious assault
  • Involuntary servitude
  • Prostitution
  • Sexual assault
  • Human trafficking
  • Torture

The crime must have violated the laws of the United States, but some qualifying crimes can take place off American soil – for example, being trafficked into the U.S. You must also be willing to work with law enforcement agencies to investigate the crime.

Advocating For Victims’ Rights

We understand that it can feel overwhelming to journey to a new country only to survive a serious crime and find yourself entangled in the legal system. Our team is not only strong but also compassionate. Karen Bryan, our founding attorney, is an immigrant herself. With us on your side, you have an immigration lawyer who can protect your best interests, even in the frightening U.S. immigration and criminal justice system.

Your Rights Matter – Let Us Protect Them

You deserve the help of immigration attorneys who understand the law and how it relates to your rights. Contact us to request a free, confidential initial consultation about a U visa. Call us in Minnetonka at 612-474-5649 or send us an email today.